I am watching and wondering about mistakes today. PR agencies getting fired for bad tweets; companies going into crisis mode over a hoax; readers believing that everything they read on the internet is true and responding as such.
I am watching and wondering: What if mistakes were not fatal?
What if companies apologized and moved on without firing the person responsible for the stupid tweet? What if clients kept working with the agency after they chose a course of action that did not represent the client well? What if public figures were asked to stay in office after making a huge public gaffe?
What if mistakes became a lesson rather than an ending? I am going to share some of my blunders with you as a way of honoring my mistakes. And I would love to hear some of yours.
- I should have studied harder for that final.
- I should have prepared better for that move.
- I should have said no to that date.
- I should have taken that job.
- I should have listened to my fear.