- Weekly is ideal to build momentum; less frequently will show little or no results.
- For every post expect at least three hours of social media time to promote.
- Blogs that create conversations, not just makes statements, are the ones that see comments and a high level of sharing.
- Create a calendar of topics for a baseline number of blogs, then supplement with relevant timely posts
- Plan to read and respond to approximately 10 similar bloggers per week in order to build rapport
- Write and edit the blog text
- Post within blogging platform
- Set distribution & sharing
- Post to blog
- Set blog to automatically post in LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (if applicable) and Pinterest (or manually post blog with link in each account)
- Post to groups in LinkedIn
- Share with LinkedIn contacts
- Share with Facebook contacts
- Share with 3 key influencers on Twitter
- Email link to key contacts
- Create/respond to conversations on the same topic and insert blog link
- Respond to those who comment on the post
- Ask follow up questions and note responses by posting references to LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (if applicable) and Pinterest.
Want details? Read through the steps of The PR Method here:
The PR Method: Branding Basics
The PR Method: PR Tactics
The PR Method: Media Relations
The PR Method: Social Success
The PR Method: Blogging Basics
The PR Method: PR Prognosis
The PR Method: PR Formula