I fell in love with PR when I interned for an entertainment public relations agency in L.A. and I’ve been madly in love with my profession ever since.
PR is storytelling, it is relationship-building, it is connecting, explaining and educating. Modern PR is driving content, social media, and B2B marketing. PR is everywhere and my motto remains the same after over 20 years in the field: Everything you say and everything you do is PR.
Public Relations is always evolving but the basics have stayed the same. I have been an employee for several companies and a consultant for over 100 SMBs, always giving strategic public relations counsel, even while the company, products, industries, and services have varied greatly. My areas of expertise are media relations, B2B and B2B2C communications, social media marketing, and brand awareness for tech companies and I will do PR for anyone who is doing something super cool.
- Accelerating messages to employees, customers, investors, or the general public.
- Broadcast messaging to target audiences, such as customers, investors, media or elected officials through press releases, newsletters, email marketing, and online content.
- Consulting on government affairs for private organizations and public agencies.
- Directing conferences, fundraising events, trade shows or workshops or coordinating the collateral for trade shows, events or sales marketing.
- Evaluating and measuring current public relations tactics including, defining and managing the use of social networks, social media, and blogs.
- Facilitating interviews with media influencers and journalists, including furnishing written marketing and PR pieces.
- Guiding visitor relations or implementing community relations plans.
- Harness the power of planned programs to serve both the organization and the public.
- Improving a person or an organization’s public image.
- Jump into the 24/7 news cycle with relevant rapid responses and expert commentary.
- Keep organizational leaders, executives or board members on message when speaking to the media.
- Lead messaging during a crisis, providing advice and action plans.
- Managing media relations, promotion, and publicity – which often includes training executives on public speaking and presentations.
- Network on behalf of an organization, providing visibility and expert commentary.
- Organizing publicity events, press conferences, and photo opportunities.
- Promoting books and other published works or supervising direct communications such as print and e-newsletters.
- Questions. As in, asking them and answering, on behalf of your team and your stakeholders.
- Recommending comprehensive strategies to ensure audiences are engaged.
- Shaping an organization’s functions of communication.
- Targeting audiences including the use of surveys.
- Understanding the shifting media landscape or market forces and applying those to your programming.
- Validate go-to-market strategies, products, and services through research and analyst relations.
- Working with human resources or managing employee relations.
- Xenagogy – meaning a guidebook, as in style guides, social media guidelines, or branding guidelines.
- Yelling from the rooftops to promote your staff, company, and product success stories.
- Z Group PR – where all of the above starts.
Every brand has a great story to tell.
ZGPR helps to tell yours.
Need to boost your personal brand?
Z Group PR Services for Individuals
Is it time to ‘IN’ Source your PR?
Z Group PR Services for Brands
Find the missing piece for your PR agency.
Z Group PR Services for PR Agencies
Need a PR skills update?
Z Group PR Paid Training